Sunday, August 31, 2014

Musikgarten Policies

Here's some information for Musikgarten families:

1) WHAT TO BRING TO CLASS...
Keyboard students need (separate ones for each student) a bag to carry books/materials in, and a small accordion check/coupon file.  I will show you what I mean at Orientation. You can get them at Kings, Alco, Walmart for $2-3, or I have a few to sell.  Materials ABSOLUTELY NEED TO COME TO CLASS each week (but please leave CDs home).  When keyboard students show up without all materials, it impacts their participation in class and their consistency and effectiveness at home.  Get in the habit!

Music Makers HOME and WORLD students need a 1", 3-ring binder to keep your unit folders and materials in.  I also recommend having a small accordion check/coupon file.  I will show you what I mean at Orientation. You can get them at Kings, Alco, Walmart for $2-3, or I have a few to sell.  Materials need to come to class each week (but please leave CDs home).

Cycles and Toddler students should leave their materials at home.  Exception to this would be if the parent wants to bring the child's own set of instruments to use in class, to avoid sharing with other students (this is often necessary for children who have compromised immune systems, or simple seem to pick up illness easily).  If you want to order additional instruments, LMK.

2)  WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT CLASS ...  ALL entering the studio are asked to PLEASE wash up in the bathroom first.  This seems picky, but I also ask students to wash with soap and water (not just hand sanitizer) so hands are free from oils which damage instruments.  I have purchased very high quality instruments, so I appreciate your help in taking care of them.  ALL entering are also asked to remove shoes, so be sure your kiddos are wearing clean socks!  Thanks for helping cut down on the wear and tear of my home.  If you are NEW to CMG, please read the MUSIKGARTEN POLICIES and PLEASE AND THANK YOU sheet so you know about studio rules, parking, etc.  You can read them online, or, I will have copies at Orientation.  

3) STUDIO CALENDAR... You can pick up a copy at Parent Orientation (if you have an orange one, it is no longer correct).  ALSO, I have sent ALL moms a Google Calendar invite so you can view the Studio Calendar on your computer or phone.  You must have a Google account to do this (it's free), and if you have any trouble accessing it, LMK because it will be worth it to have access to it, as it will ALWAYS be updated and reflect any changes that have occurred since the printed calendar was made.

4) I EXPECT OPEN COMMUNICATION with all parents.  Please never hesitate to call, text, or email me with any concerns or questions.  I'm here to help you and your child, and want to do so.  I've done this for a long time, so if you are struggling with an issue with your child, be sure to ask me about it because chances are we have figured out how to solve the problem!  Just because you might not be able to see a solution, does not mean there isn't one.  Most problems can be solved rather easily if communication is open.

What a great year we have ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment