Hope you are enjoying your music lessons as much as I am! I missed you all this week...darn illness!
WHY A STUDIO BLOG?
In the past I have tried (regularly or not-so-regularly) to send out a studio newsletter now and then. I haven't managed to do it very well for a few years, and I am hoping that one of you parents might be interested in managing a blog for the studio in trade for tuition. So, if any of you are bloggers and comfortable with that sort of thing (because I am not), let me know and I'll put you to work! My plan is to print the blog once a month and distribute it to my music families as the studio newsletter. Hopefully this will keep everyone informed and provide a place for you all to ask questions publicly and communicate with other music families.
CHECK OUT MY FAVORITES
I have always wanted to share a children's book list with my families. If you check my "favorites" you will find books I recommend on there. I will also include music recordings and music books and games on there, too, as I have time to put them on, so check back from time to time. Enjoy!!
MOTHER SEARCHING FOR JOYSCHOOL GROUP for her child. Please let me know if you have openings in your group. One of my music mommys is new to the area and wants to get involved.
UPCOMING EVENTS
LESSONS HELD TUESDAY, OCT. 8. I had originally scheduled this day off so that I could attend my own children's Parent-Teacher Conferences at school. Having been sick this week, I will use Tuesday as a make-up day for the Tuesday lessons that were missed, so plan on attending!! Music classes and Private lessons included.
KEYBOARD YEARS 2 and 3: Mini-Musicale next week, October 8 or 9. Parent(s) invited to attend the whole class. Please let me know if you can only make it to part of the class so I can work the schedule accordingly. I hope you will enjoy joining us and use the time to ask questions and receive clarification, and simply enjoy the time with your child.
FALL BREAK, OCTOBER 16-18. No classes or lessons held from 2:00 Wednesday through Friday.
HALLOWEEN SCHEDULE: I am planning to teach on Halloween. If you need it off you will need to arrange a make-up lesson ONE WEEK PRIOR to October 31. If you do not arrange a make-up lesson and do not show up on Halloween, you will need to pay for the missed lesson.
WORLD: British Isles Celebration with guest musician, Tuesday, November 5, 5-6pm at the studio. Each child enrolled may bring a guest, usually a parent, grandparent, aunt/uncle, or older sibling. We will enjoy activities from the British Isles Unit, listen to a guest musician, eat British fare, and have fun making music together! Children will bring home an invitation to give their guest one week prior to the celebration.
WEDNESDAY STUDENTS WHO ATTEND AFTER 6pm: On November 6, 13, and 20 I am involved in rehearsals for our Stake's production of Savior of the World. I will not be able to teach those evenings, and will be discussing other lesson time options with you when it gets closer. Thanks. BTW, you will have lessons on December 18. That was a mis-print on the studio calendar.
THURSDAY STUDENTS: On Thursday, November 21 is our Stake production of Savior of the World opening night. I will probably not be teaching after 5 or so that night, so if your lesson time is after 5 we will have to reschedule your lesson for that week. I will be in touch.
PRIVATE PIANO STUDENTS GROUP PERFORMANCE CLASSES will be held on Monday and Tuesday, November 25 and 26. Sign up for your preferred time at lessons. Class will be held at the Garland Tabernacle chapel.
BRHS MADRIGAL DINNERS, Thursday-Saturday, December 5-7. Talk to me or call my son, David (435-230-2065), or any BRHS Madrigal for tickets.
ANNUAL CHRISTMAS RECITALS will be held on Friday and Saturday, December 13-14 at the Garland Tabernacle. Private Students can sign up for their preferred performance time at lessons. Public is welcome. Refreshments following.
No comments:
Post a Comment